Vice President / Director - Tax and Treasury
Working as part of the Senior Finance Team and reporting to the CFO, this role will manage the tax and treasury function for this life insurance client. As the subject matter expert in tax and treasury, you will be expected to stay abreast of changes and identify opportunities for improvement across the business.
- Directs tax planning and compliance in the areas of international, federal, state and local income, premium, and other taxes.
- Manages and oversees the preparation of statutory and GAAP income tax provisions.
- Oversees the external tax accounting firms in the preparation of the Company's tax returns, compliance matters, and special projects.
- Plans, directs and controls short and long-range tax planning strategies and consults with senior management regarding tax issues.
- Manages all tax audits and examinations with regulatory bodies.
- Maintains effective working relationships with the Internal Revenue Service, outside attorneys, public accountants, and government officials.
- Plays a key role in the due diligence, negotiation and integration of mergers and acquisitions.
- Design, implement and document controls in income tax process.
- Invests short-term funds for the Company, and oversees the transfer of funds among financial institutions. Develops corporate and subsidiary investment policies related to short-term funds to balance investment return and security in compliance with regulatory requirements; oversees cash and investment portfolios to maximize return and security
- Oversees all treasury functions, including maintenance of bank relationships, cash and investment management, cash forecasting, debt servicing and compliance, and investment related financial reporting and analysis.
- Develops and maintains financial institution relationships to ensure access to services, capital and credit.
- Oversees the forecasted cash requirements and manages liquidity to be available to meet forecasted needs
- Oversees debt covenant compliance.
- Maintains appropriate insurance coverage for the Company.
- May be assigned other duties as required to support organizational goals and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, minimum of 10+ years prior experience in accounting tax experience along with CPA or CA Certification.
- Exposure to the life insurance taxation and premium taxes required.
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Tax software, Excel, Word.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented & ability to multi-task.
- Commercially astute with a collaborative approach to getting the best outcome aligned to compliance.
- Strong stakeholder skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced industry undergoing regular change
I lavori simili
Vice President - fund Administration
- Dublin, Republic of Ireland
- giorni 26 fa
An exciting opportunity for an ambitious expat to take on a Fund Administration VP role in Dubai. You will have operational responsibility for the Fund Accounting, Valuations and the Investor Services teams. - Manage the operation of a team and the NAV - Reviewing NAV files for assigned... Leggi di più
- City of London, London
- £70000 - £85000 per annum + Negotiable
- giorni 7 fa
As the Treasury Analyst you will be responsible for all day to day treasury related cash management including cash flow forecasting, month end reporting both internally and to external Lenders or Funders and ensuring that we run the business effectively within our financial covenant res... Leggi di più
UK and Europe Tax Manager
- City of London, London
- £80000 - £85000 per annum + negotiable
- giorni 28 fa
First Tax role within this large Lloyd's organisation. This role will be responsible for: The preparation and submission of the vast majority of tax returns for operations Design, documentation and testing of taxation internal controls leading to supporting annual SAO submission and oth... Leggi di più
Finance Director - Amsterdam
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- €100000 - €120000 per jaar
- giorni 20 fa
Voor een goede klant van Oliver James Associates ben ik op zoek naar een Finance Director voor hun kantoor in Amsterdam. Het betreft een zeer vooruitstrevende bank en maakt gebruik van de nieuwste technologieen op het gebied van Blockchain om hun klanten de beste service te leveren. Ben... Leggi di più