I am currently recruiting for an Underwriting Assistant to provide quotations and support to Underwriters. The temporary Underwriting Assistant will be providing the initial analysis of requests for pricing from our customers, before passing their findings to the Underwriters.
This is a great position for someone who has a keen eye for detail and would like to develop into an Underwriter.
- Day to day preparation and processing of quotations, proactively managing the work volumes of these to stay within service level agreements.
- Interpret information from customer requests and apply them to the Client's standard procedures.
- Providing support to Underwriters and answering queries for customers over the telephone and by email.
- Liaising with other internal departments as and when required.
- Completion of other, similar processes to support the overall team delivery.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- An excellent eye for detail with high accuracy levels.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Good communicator both in writing and verbally, comfortable in contacting customers over the phone.
- Educated to at least a C grade in GCSE English and Mathematics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Keen to learn and proactively develop themselves.
- Enthusiastic and flexible.