UK and Europe Tax Manager
First Tax role within this large Lloyd's organisation. This role will be responsible for:
- The preparation and submission of the vast majority of tax returns for operations
- Design, documentation and testing of taxation internal controls leading to supporting annual SAO submission and other regulatory requirements.
- Consolidation, improvement, automation and standardisation of existing tax processes from across the UK and European operations.
This role is responsible for;
- Assist the CFO by preparing (in conjunction with the external tax advisors) corporation tax returns for the UK and European entities (including European location branches).
- Maintaining (in conjunction with the external tax advisors) transfer pricing files, reflecting the operations of the company
- Creating a tax risk register and populating mitigating controls.
- Designing, documenting and reviewing tax controls, used to support general risk management and the annual SAO sign-off required by HMRC.
- Production of quarterly tax estimates for booking the quarterly actual results.
- Producing payment on account estimates for periodic settlement to HMRC
- Production of quarterly VAT returns (Syndicate and Agency groups) plus supporting European VAT returns
- Maintenance of PESM documentation and compliance
- Production of periodic IPT returns and submission via TMF, for UK and Malta companies.
- Liaison with NY global tax department
- Main point of contact with external tax advisors
- Assisting the Finance Director and local Financial Controller in managing taxation activities relating to Malta and the Continental European operations of our client.
- Assisting the Finance Director to review other internal and external reporting outputs for technical accuracy and sense checks prior to submission to recipients.
- Assisting the Finance Director and other finance team members with ad-hoc reporting requests and project work.
- Take lead on implementing and ensuring compliance with taxation regulatory changes such as Making Tax Digital
- Assist the HR team with employee tax matters as required (in conjunction with external advisors)
- Liaise with internal and external auditors (often at the highest level) to ensure that all taxation information required is produced to a high degree of accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Liaison with the London finance team to ensure efficient approach and clear responsibilities.
- Review of existing reporting processes in order to improve automation and efficiency.
- Assist with production of statutory accounts and other regulatory reporting, focusing on taxation disclosures.
- Design and develop process improvements in collaboration with the other UK Finance group members in order to ensure the efficient and accurate production of data.
- Consolidation, improvement, automation and standardisation of existing tax processes from across the UK and European operations
- Support the Finance Director to ensure that the companies meet Group reporting deadlines whether these are statutory, regulatory or fiscal, by review of deliverables.
- Advise on the taxation impacts of accounting standard changes across the UK and Continental European operations, including IFRS 17
- Assistance with preparation of annual budgets, in conjunction, focused on taxation balances
- Identify individual training needs. Thereafter, work with International Human Resources to agree and implement development plans.
- Adhere to company procedures for managing and recording individual performance and development.
- Ensure all agreements are processed according to the company's compliance, regulatory and legal obligations.
- Immediately report any suspicion of financial crime to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
- Manage any potential conflicts of interest so as to avoid concerns regarding disrepute and integrity.
- Immediately advise Compliance of any complaints arising.
- Working knowledge of corporation tax requirements imposed by HMRC for insurance companies operating in the UK
- Working knowledge of VAT requirements imposed by HMRC for insurance companies operating in the UK
- Working knowledge of IPT requirements imposed by HMRC for insurance companies operating in UK
- Experience with Lloyd's Syndicates as well as insurance companies;
- An awareness of similar tax regimes in European locations (e.g. Netherlands, Norway, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Switzerland, Spain, Malta etc.)
- Liaison with external tax advisors
- Building and maintaining taxation accounting procedures and systems.
- Advanced analysis and problem solving;
- Advanced numeracy;
- Tax forecasting;
- Advising on tax efficiency
- Project management;
- Pragmatic and balanced judgement and decision making;
- High-end organisational skills and a contingency thinking style;
- Professional business writing/presentation skills;
- Able to work effectively in a matrix reporting environment where inter-play to US tax department, local CFO and Malta Financial Controller will be prevalent;
- Ability to perform best practise benchmarking and identify process improvements;
- Team and individual influencing; and
- Risk Management.
Systems & I.T
- Microsoft Office: advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook; and
- Experience with accounting software.
- Experience using Data Warehouse tool
- ACA or CTA or similar qualification.
I lavori simili
Vice President / Director - Tax and Treasury
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- giorni 13 fa
Working as part of the Senior Finance Team and reporting to the CFO, this role will manage the tax and treasury function for this life insurance client. As the subject matter expert in tax and treasury, you will be expected to stay abreast of changes and identify opportunities for impro... Leggi di più
Head of UK FP&A
- Manchester, Greater Manchester
- £65000 - £75000 per annum + Exceptional Package
- giorni 26 fa
I am currently recruiting for a UK Head of FP&A on behalf of an exciting Retail client in Manchester. This role has complete commercial oversight for the entire UK division, including; Full oversight of the budgeting and forecasting process Identification of risks and opportunities and ... Leggi di più
- City of London, London
- £70000 - £85000 per annum + Negotiable
- giorni 7 fa
As the Treasury Analyst you will be responsible for all day to day treasury related cash management including cash flow forecasting, month end reporting both internally and to external Lenders or Funders and ensuring that we run the business effectively within our financial covenant res... Leggi di più
- Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Desirable Package
- giorni 16 fa
I am currently recruiting for a Qualified FP&A Manager on a permanent basis for a high growth Retail client based in Manchester. Requirements for this role: Understand and challenge commercial decisions including country specific trading, B&M, Product Mix, and other business areas. Iden... Leggi di più