Back Office support role for Treasury - including monitoring and maintaining bank accounts, confirming and settling Treasury transactions using Treasury systems and complying with Treasury Policies. Perform daily bank reconciliations for company accounts and support the integrity of the data recorded in the Treasury Management System.
Key Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Responsibility for all back office corporate treasury accounting and underlying financial systems and records.
- Responsible for opening and closing corporate bank accounts.
- Half year and full year financial disclosures in the form of financial notes preparation for treasury related activities
- Attend to the requirements of external auditors, and assist in attending to the internal audit requirements as required
- Responsible for monitoring and analysing company short term liquidity including debt drawdown and repayment processes
- Maintains/updates instructions on accounts including signing authority, trade authorization, statement direction, billing, etc
- Responsible for all banking/vendor agreements and contracts with respect to legal review and execution, amendments and renewals.
- Administers bank compensation data. Analyzes billing statements for appropriateness, researches and resolves discrepancies and reports data to management.
- Manages access to banking systems by employees and by third party users. Coordinates with audit on periodic reviews and certifications
- Prepares or reviews journal entries
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in business-related area (Finance, Accounting, etc.)
- One to two years treasury or relevant finance experience
- Knowledge of financial markets (banking and investment terminology, etc.) and corporate finance. Background in insurance preferred
- Proficiency in Excel and Access
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills