Test Manager (Agile / Kanban) - South Leeds (Off M1 near Wakefield)
Successful business going through an IT Transformation have recently built their own internal Test Team of 4 test Analysts. With a contractor in place initially to set up and drive the strategy for testing and the team, they are now ready to bring in a permanent Test manager to take over and continue with setting the strategy and manage the team.
The IT team have recently implemented Agile / Kanban ways of working, with the Developers and Testers working in a 3amigos set up. As the business shifts to Agile ways of working there is plenty of scope to design how the teams work. The team are currently manually testing however this role will look at Automation within their strategy for the Test Team.
- Lead testing activities on a variety of projects
- Define the Scope of testing activities (Produce Test Plans)
- Lead Test Readiness Reviews and Quality Gates
- Hands on manual testing: Testcase analysis and design, test execution, test reporting
- Create Test Completion Reports
- Collaborate with dev teams in multiple locations. Some co-located, others located off site.
- Coordinate and support business UAT
- Types of projects: Wide variety, e.g. new APIs, data migrations, product enhancements etc.
- Requires excellent communication skills: ability to communicate with people located in different locations.
- Requires strong analytical skills to understand requirements and drive them out where they may have been poorly documented.
- Nice to have but not essential: Automation experience
This is a role with plenty of scope and opportunity! The company offer flexible working hours, benefits and free parking.