Oliver James Associates have been mandated by a financial services client to search for an experienced Test Lead on an interim basis. The key responsibility of this role is to help undertake the testing of a new platform upgrade and data migration.
- Leads, improves, and maintains aspects (data, environments, vendors, test lab management etc.) of the testing process which affects the division.
- Contributes to test strategies and plans under which the testing will be executed and governed.
- Creates test cases based on business requirements, user processes, vendor documentation and solution design specifications.
- Ensures tests and data provide sufficient coverage to validate requirements and design.
- Assists in defining, provisioning and validating appropriate test data to ensure proper test execution.
- Liaises with business and technology representatives to ensure correct understanding of business and technology requirements and limitations.
- Liaises with technology and vendors (where applicable) in relation to the testing environments and requirements for successful testing within those environments.
- Executes test cases, checks and documents results to ensure the business' functional and non-functional requirements are met.
- Works with business users to identify appropriate User Acceptance Tests to validate any changes.
- Carries out User Acceptance Testing alongside or in place of business users to validate changes to systems or processes.
- Undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum five years business experience with three or more years' experience in a testing role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. (Experience with senior executives preferred.)
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong planning and problem solving skills
- Understanding of pension products.
- Understanding of front-end, back-end and API testing
This is a permanent opportunity based in London paying up to £70,000 plus benefits for the right candidate.