We are looking for an experienced Support Engineer to join a reputable business within the media industry. Pushing the boundaries of traditional outsourced media this business is bringing the responsibility of looking after their services in-house.
This role will be based out of their modern offices in West London with both flexi working hour options and the opportunity to work remotely next year when they re-open their offices (currently closed and fully remote due to covid)
We are looking for someone to support the daily media management activities, currently developing a new platform within AWS that will help with automation & continuous integration - you will also be integral to supporting this platform.
This is a broad role where you will get the opportunity to work alongside architects & developers to pursue new features, projects & fixes as well as work with the Infosec manager to maintain and work on the security standards.
- Use various tools to proactively spot and rectify issues before becoming a wider problem & to help manage costs by analysing usage to make recommendations for further improvements
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to ensure smooth running of their service.
- To troubleshoot issues and fix problems quickly - ensuring deadlines are met
- To become a support expert with their platform, including other internal systems / software's
- Understand their workflow, able to recommend better ways of working - making sure the business is making best use of its cloud infrastructure
- Provide deeper assistance and support to the service delivery teams
Skills & Experience
- Having experience working with AWS is key, whether that is more infrastructure or platform focused.
- Experience providing support in a software- based environment or having worked alongside development focused teams
- Scripting experience - preferably with JSON, XML, XSLT but flexible with language
- Understanding of networks, IP and IT environments
- Experience with monitoring tools - preferably DataDog or CloudHealth
- Experience supporting Linux environments
- Experience with Jira or Confluence
- Understanding of tools such as Postman, Fiddler, SoapUI - advantageous
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved at a pivotal point of a company and also learn exciting technologies. It is key that you are an ambitious person who's keen to learn and be part of a team that's driving forward change
We are open to seeing profiles from various backgrounds in both industry and tech, the only essential requirement is AWS and an enthusiasm to learn.
Please apply now or email email@example.com for more information.