City centre based location in modern offices with a payment processing solutions market leader. Working in a fast-moving agile set-up.
- Contribute to all phases of the SDLC cycle, from design, to implementation, unit testing, integration and release
- You will contribute to both front and back-end development
- Our culture is open and honest; you'll need to share your voice and clearly communicate technical designs, estimates, prioritisation and other development issues
What qualities you will bring:
- Application stack of Java, Spring Boot, Docker, Apache Tomcat, etc.
- Strong java design and development experience within a microservices architecture
- Experience in a similar software development role
- BSc/MSc degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline
Planning & Delivery
- Track record in a scrum team, taking a team approach to design, development and testing
- Strong application process flow and problem solving techniques
- Knowledge and extensive use of common tools used by the engineering group: version control, change management, automated builds, continuous integration, automated testing modelling etc.
- Keen eye for detail - analytical skills, self-motivated, high performing and goal oriented
- Ability to innovate by challenging the status quo and come up with imaginative ways of doing things more effectively
- High levels of software engineering literacy and communication skills
- Customer Focus
- Strong customer focus and ability to think about the impact of actions on the customer
This also helps:
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience with secure development
Knowledge of messaging protocols