We are seeking talented and high-energy project managers to join our project management team to drive key IT projects in Core Insurance Systems and Digital Transformation. In addition to excelling in core project management, successful candidates will demonstrate strong leadership skills, come from a software engineering background, and possess strong communication.
- Drive the execution of projects while acting as the liaison between business teams and technology delivery teams; when working in a large program, collaborate with the program manager and among project managers to achieve overall program objectives.
- Provide hands-on project management during all phases - Analysis, Design, Development, System and End to End Testing, Implementation, and Post Implementation.
- Report on project and software metrics including progress, defects, costs, resource utilization, risks, and issues.
- Demonstrate leadership by consistently taking charge of challenges and leading the team towards resolution in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates personal accountability, leads by example, and "owns" the project
- Strong understanding of distributed systems, preferably experience building enterprise systems for large enterprises. Strong experience in managing large cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment.
- Experience in managing projects in an Agile environment; experience in managing projects using project management tools such as Rally and Jira.
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts easily and be able to participate in high-level technical discussions.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make decisions based on metrics rather than just judgment.
- Strong business analysis skills with ability to synthesize business processes and lead functional discussions pertaining to the project with functional and business members.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, motivation, and facilitation skills.
- Experience with Property and Casualty (P&C) strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems required.
- Must come from a programming background and familiarity with what it takes to build modern distributed systems.
- Minimum 5 year with growing responsibilities as a Technology Project Manager.
- Project Management Certifications such as PMP, PMI-ACP, Scrum Master nice to have.