Storage and Hosting Engineer - Birmingham Airport
Joining an established Infrastructure team within this international business, you will be given the opportunity to develop your career to the next stage. The business has a successful history of developing Engineers into Architecture and Lead/Management roles, clear careers paths are set in line with your own personal goals. The role of the Storage and Hosting Engineer is to provide technical expertise within the Hosting & Storage Support Team across supported systems such as on-premise and hosted / cloud data centre infrastructure and servers. The role requires an individual that is able to work competently across a range of technical areas within the team, ensuring that solutions comply with all relevant Service and Technical standards.
You will have experience within a mature Shared Service or Commercial IT Services operation and have excellent customer focus skills with a service-orientated approach. The role will involve fault diagnosis across technologies & platforms and rectifying faults within strict SLAs.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of virtualization, cloud technologies and server solutions.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of AD and AD Tools
- Experience and knowledge of at least one scripting language. (e.g. VBScript, Bash, PowerShell etc)
- Professional (MCSA or MCSE) Certification or equivalent in the relevant field of expertise
- Experience in the support and maintenance of servers and virtual environments
- Experience with configuring and maintaining monitoring tools and systems
- Experience configuring Linux and Windows operating systems
- ITIL Foundation Level as a minimum
- Experience operating in a change control and configuration management environment
- Ability to competently act as the technical point contact of escalation for incidents
- The ability to Investigate potential future technologies and solutions that may benefit the IT and hosting, storage or operating system estate
- Experience of using Project Management, Time Recording and Service Management Toolsets (e.g. ServiceNow, Remedy, LANDesk, WorkFront, etc)
- Windows Server experience or certification in areas including AD, Group Policy, Email
- Knowledge and experience across maintenance tool sets (e.g. SCCM, WSUS)
- Knowledge of backup technologies (e.g. OSSV, DPM, Netbackup, Backup Exec)