I am currently recruiting for a Statutory Financial Accountant on behalf a globally leading Asset Manager based in the City of London. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly successful finance function and contribute towards the companies progression.
- Participate in the production of statutory accounts at the yearend for all relevant legal entities.
- Produce pro forma quarterly statutory accounts and ensure that required accounting entries are included in the general ledger system.
- Work closely with the financial systems team and the FCA accountant to ensure that data elements in the ledger systems support segmental and regulatory reporting.
- Prepare financial reports to the board on a quarterly basis.
- This involves the maintenance of a clear, concise and accurate analysis of the various bases of reporting used by the company - management information, US GAAP, statutory and regulatory
- Assist in the review of technical and changes to accounting requirements
- Work with the regional/branch accountant to produce regional/stat returns
- Work with the tax team to ensure that tax accounting requirements are properly addressed
- Deal with specific accounting transactions and issues and ensure properly reflected in systems.
- Participate in financial accounting projects as requested.
- With regard to external audit, prepare and provide analyses that facilitate the effective completion of the audit process.
- Ensure SOX controls are carried out and tested appropriately.
- Prepare local regulatory and statutory filings
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of the Asset Management industry
- Good technical knowledge in financial accounting
- Strong Excel skills required with analytical skills for financial reporting and analysis
- Strong organisation and communication skills