Statutory Accounting Manager
Following the Brexit ruling, my client has decided to establish its European headquarters in Brussels. My clients office in Brussels is a new company that will play an important part of my client's European Market Access strategy for both the insurance and reinsurance business in Europe. It will allow my client to remain actively engaged with the market and ensure that their office in Brussels is an effective solution for the market to carry on business without interruption when the UK leaves the EU.
The Brussels Finance department is required to fulfil all statutory and solvency reporting requirements; management and security of the Corporation's assets; maintenance and supervision of accounting ledgers and improving operational efficiencies.
As Statutory Accounting Manager you will manage my client's Brussels statutory reporting across key returns such as Belgium GAAP and Solvency II through maintaining accounting policy and procedures to ensure timely and accurate posting to the Brussels General Ledger and production of accounting returns.
- Detailed knowledge of statutory reporting under Belgian GAAP, and IFRS;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications Microsoft Excel;
- Knowledge of Sun Accounting System or any recognized accounting software package;
- Experience of year end statutory accounts preparation;
- Report writing and qualitative analysis;
- Problem identification and resolution;
- Work with cross-functional teams and communicate effectively with other teams and external parties to solve issues and achieve the common goals.
- Lead the process for producing the statutory reporting for Brussels across: Annual and Interim Report publishing audited results in line with Belgium GAAP, Reporting to parent company for consolidated accounting, Pillar 3 returns annually and quarterly under Solvency II
- Maintain Accounting Policy and Procedures for Brussels ensuring these are compliant with reporting requirements and anticipating changes required
- Supervise the monthly accounting processes including month, quarter and year-end close for the assigned operations - ensuring that all balance sheet reconciliations are prepared in line with timetable, reviewing work prepared and resolving issues in a timely manner
- Supervise and maintain the Sun ledger structure and Sun databases to ensure effective financial control, efficient processing and reporting of Society's financial position on a monthly basis
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure the smooth operation of the financial accounting and reporting process, including collaboration finance colleagues and colleagues from other departments
- Provide assistance during audits for Brussels, liaising with internal and external auditors, actuaries, tax department and other key stakeholders. Prepare notes to accounts and provide judgements on impairments
- Support the work of the Business Accounting Manager and their team, including budgeting, forecasting, MI and financial operations, including acting as a peer review where required
- Suggest and implement process efficiencies as the financial systems are embedded in Brussels
What they offer:
- An attractive salary package;
- An international, flexible work environment with a diverse workforce;
- This a once in a lifetime opportunity to play an important role in the creation of an insurance company from scratch on Belgian territory.