Title Splunk Admin/Analyst
Majority of this role will involve Strong background in Unix/Linux system administration, including command line and scripting, Syslogs, ryslog etc..performance analysis and tuning experience related to logging
2) 5+ years of Splunk support with agent experience, troubleshooting, installation, and configuration. Experience with Splunk in a large, distributed enterprise environment with a high ingestion rate (multiple TB of data per day)
Experience with clustered search heads, forwarders indexers ndash fault tolerant solutions at a datacenter level.
Strong, focused experience in the instrumentation and ingestion of data feeds into Splunk (this position is responsible for getting data forwarded into the Splunk environment)
3) Shell Scripting - Ability to create scripts from scratch and strong ability for command line changes.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Working with a data feed owner, the engineer will process intake requests to instruments data feeds into Splunk
- Follow established standards in the instrumentation of data feeds into Splunk
- Instrument the feed into a lower environment to sample feed accuracy and data volume
- Open and track requests for related access rights, network config changes, etc that are required for fulfillment of the Splunk feed request
- Maintain the lifecycle status of the feed in our reporting system
- Coordinate release of feeds into production
- Review post-implementation to address any modifications required to a feed