Solution Architect ( Software / .NET ) - Warrington
A financial services business that plays a key part in Britains ecomony is looking for a Solution Architect with a Software development background (ideally .NET) to join them. The business offers a flexible working environment with a day from home, flexible start/end times, on site free parking and an office location easily accessible from the motorway from Warrington, Manchester, Liverpool, Bolton, Preston, Chester, Wigan etc.
As the Solutions Architect your role will be to determine, agree and communicate fit for purpose technology solutions, in the form of design documentation, which meets the needs of the business, while adhering to the Architecture Framework and the overall IT Strategy.
The role has a focus on the application & data domains, but must have sufficient knowledge about the infrastructure and hosting environments to effectively work with operations teams. Being a part of a small architecture team, the SA will further help to maintain the Architecture Framework to ensure they have a well-defined application portfolio & roadmaps, along with supporting principles, patterns & standards.
- Experienced as a Solutions Architect (acting in a lead capacity) on a variety of complex projects in a highly complex environment where security is taken seriously
- Experienced at designing bespoke web-based solutions and integrating with in-house and third party solutions using modern APIs and integration or middleware technology
- Experienced at creating and taking design documentation through a formal approval process and communicating that design to delivery teams to ensure everyone understands what needs to be achieved
- Experienced working in RFP processes to ensure appropriate technology solutions are selected, followed by supporting the delivery of that technology in to the business
- Experienced working with small project teams throughout the entire change lifecycle, from functional and non-functional requirements gathering to service transition, competent to support that lifecycle where required
- Previous experience in software development and still close to technology
- Ideally experienced working with Enterprise Architects to maintain and evolve Architecture Frameworks; application portfolios, roadmaps, standards, patterns
- Previous development background, preferably in Microsoft technologies, e.g.:
- .Net and C#
- Web API (REST based APIs)
- Modern UI frameworks; e.g. Angular, React
- Databases - Microsoft SQL Server
- Up to date experience with modern integration platforms and solutions:
- API Gateways and ESB platforms; e.g. Webmethods, AWS/Azure…
- Queuing and Eventing Technology
- Able to design robust and secure APIs using OpenAPI Specification
- Experience integrating and deploying to traditional infrastructure services:
- Server, database, web and application server, load balancers...
For further details or a conversation regarding the role and business please apply or call us directly on 01616940731