I am currently recruiting for a Software Engineering Manager for a digital provider of insurance solutions, established to deliver digital-native and creative solutions clients and partners across Europe that engage with consumers in non-traditional ways.
As an Engineering Manager, specifically within Product Engineering, you will have a great opportunity to join a diverse and motivated team, committed to delivering value and creative services together with clients and partners in the primary insurance space.
You will work in a multi-functional environment to recruit and lead product engineering teams to fulfil our business and product vision and ultimately bring value to our customers and partners by disrupting the traditional insurance proposition.
- Create and build highly capable and empowered engineering teams responsible for designing and implementing high-revenue products across our technology platform with a quick iterative approach and focusing on ability to scale features and business processes
- Promote engineering excellence and leadership across the board, focusing on effective cross-function collaboration and end-to-end responsibility, from rapid prototyping to delivery, ensuring simplicity, maintainability and scalability of the implementations
- Support the implementation of department-wide processes and best practices to ensure effective collaboration between engineering teams and a restless focus on effectiveness and rapid decision making enabled by technical alignment and data-driven approach
- Provide constant guidance, operational management and leadership to support engineering teams on a track of continuous improvement and growth
- 6+ years of engineering management experience in building, leading and motivating engineering teams responsible for delivering and running high quality, customer-facing products. Track record of hands-on technical leadership is a requirement
- 4+ years of hands-on development experience in building customer-facing, high-traffic platforms in any modern language (Java, Kotlin, Scala, C++, C#, Go, Python …)
- Solid experience with applying domain driven design to modular service-oriented and API-first architectures and best practices around designing, scaling and monitoring concurrent systems (using different technologies and preferably RESTful APIs, message passing protocols and possibly asynchronous solutions).
- You understand the implications of maintaining a platform up-and-running by fostering engineering best practices like readability, testability and continuous refactoring of the codebase. You adopt a data-driven approaches to drive the improvement in performance, scalability and efficiency of the solutions delivered
- Experience with cloud computing platforms and Amazon AWS in particular is preferred.
- Continuous learner who stays up-to-date with the latest trends and can vet with proper pragmatism and long term vision the adoption of new technologies
- Master's or PhD degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent working experience
- Ability to speak and write English fluently