Senior Technical Business Analyst - Insurance
The Senior Business Analyst role forms an integral part of the IT Reporting team. Primarily responsible for capturing and analysing all data and reporting requirements. Part of this would require process modelling (AS-IS/TO-BE), building business cases and completing impact analysis of external factors.
- Lead on BI/MI reporting to help shape and realise business opportunities, and response to critical business needs.
- Set standards and ensure adherence to reporting analysis best practise.
- Peer review analysis activities and artefacts created by other team members.
- Stay abreast and recommend best practise techniques for BI/MI analysis.
- Define, model and document reporting solutions and data integrations.
- Analyse and document "as is" process and model the "to be" business processes.
- Ensure development community has a clear & complete understanding of the requirements.
- Conduct/facilitate acceptance tests for solutions with user community, including development of UAT test scenario and test scripts.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Multiple experiences acting as an analyst in a commercial environment, especially in the delivery of BI/MI Reporting solutions
- Broad knowledge of insurance industry, processes and functions. Including General Insurance, Lloyds and Company Markets.
- Experience of Microsoft SQL Server, TSQL, Excel, MS Word, MS Visio and PowerPoint
- Up to date with the latest BI technologies.
- Familiar with Project Management principles and Agile methodologies.
- Experience of working with external third-party suppliers to achieve goals aligned to the corporate strategy.
- Great analytical skills with good business acumen.