Senior Technical BI Lead - London - Permanent
Role of the Technical Lead is to provide technical implementation oversight to all levels of BI staff across and all other associated development streams.
- To provide technical advice to the management team, assisting them with high level planning and/or issue resolution.
- To work with solution and functional architects to define technical implementation approaches for VIP and other data solutions.
- To define development standards and encourage developers to follow them during the development process.
- To conduct code reviews and ensure that quality standards are followed in the development process.
- To collaborate and contribute to the development of and other data solutions.
- To work closely with DevOps team to ensure code is effectively managed in the code management repository.
- To provide technical guidance on the code and environment management processes.
- To review and ensure a good plan and approach is in place for all technical deployments in the production environment.
- To provide technical oversight on multiple projects at the same time and drive delivery dates.
- To work with cross project teams to track the inter project dependencies and highlight risks or issues that will hinder the delivery timelines of such projects.
- To help the product manager to maintain the quality of the solution in the production environment.
- To liaise with the DBA team to ensure that appropriate maintenance processes (backups, weekly maintenance, restartability framework) are in place for error-free execution of the system.
- Experience of working in a multi-stream development environment using the full panoply of state-of-the-art Microsoft BI technologies.
- A thorough understanding of the principles of data warehouse design and development.
- Five years' experience and knowledge of all aspects of the CDW data warehouses structures, processes and feeds.
BI Lead, BI Manager, Technical Lead, BI Analyst, Business Analyst