This role is for an ambitious candidate, with over 5 years' experience in a senior role, seeking to develop their skills further in cyber security. You would be offered training for the CISSP exam and would be expected to successfully pass the exam after 6 months of starting within the role
We operate a Windows network infrastructure across multiple sites, including 3rd party hosting. Our systems include Azure, WAN, LAN, Office 365, Microsoft Windows, Vmware and a mixture of physical and virtual environments.
As a Systems Engineer you will provide a high level of technical support across the business working as part of skilled team within a structured service desk / technical services environment. We recognise that our people are critical to our success and for us, it's important that you share our company values.
This role is for an ambitious candidate seeking to develop skills further in cloud security. You would be offered training for the CISSP exam and would be expected to successfully pass the exam after 6 months of starting within the role
This role requires a Senior System Engineer who will work across departments influencing the organisation, customers, suppliers, partners and peers with the contribution of their own technical specialism. The successful candidate would analyse, design, plan, execute and evaluate work to- time, cost and quality targets. You will be required to demonstrate creativity, innovation and technical thinking in applying solutions for the benefit of the customer/stakeholder.
The organisation provides relevant training opportunities and employees are expected to ensure skills are current and up to date.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Hands on experience working in the security sector
- Hands on Azure design, deployment and support.
- Ability to produce technical project documentation and specifications
- Hands on Office 365 implementation and support (Exchange Online & SharePoint Online)
- Management, installation and configuration of all server operating systems (Windows) , roles and applications, including IIS, SCCM, DNS, DFS
- Assess, analyses, develop, document and implement changes based on request for change.
- LAN / WAN communication protocols at command line level
- Incident, problem and change management for firewalls, Windows servers and network devices,
- Wireless infrastructure elements including security configuration
- As part of event management, monitor the systems and identify risks
- Conduct preventative maintenance activities and report/conduct remedial actions.
- Provide mentoring to other members of the 2nd / 3rd line support team, sharing knowledge and developing others abilities by example.
- Deliver a continual commitment to the security of all systems and data, monitoring and identifying risks.
- Perform routine security compliance checks.
- Ensure compliance to all company policies and relevant legislation.