Senior Software Engineer - Risk Applications - New York - FTE
My client, a leading International Hedge Fund, are looking for a Software Engineer to be part of a team responsible for designing and developing the critical business applications in the Core Products suite. The Software Development group focuses on developing and building cutting edge, high-performance enterprise software solutions that deliver risk quantification tools to the business. You will have the opportunity to play a key role in designing, developing, and innovating together as you bring your considerable software engineering skills to our dynamically growing organization.
- Design, develop and maintain high-performance risk analytics, enterprise application designs, and software infrastructure using object-oriented design and analysis, using mainly Python. Also, some Java and C++.
- Utilize modularity and layering to enable high scalability and maintainability for software applications.
- Write high-performance computer algorithms and software code for Risk Analytics suite of applications.
- Create software design documents, architecture, sequence, class and related artifacts.
- Translate design inputs into development work items. Assist in providing estimates for levels of effort required to accomplish expected deliverables.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, Product/Project Managers and Quality Assurance engineers to develop multi-tier, multi-layered application layer framework and functional components, following coding, documentation and design standards.
- Research new technologies and techniques to support leading-edge development. Mentor junior team members on technical aspects.
- Provide an active contribution to the team responsible for the design, development, and implementation of critical enterprise scale applications.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field with 3-5 years of professional experience
- At least 5 years of experience using Python. C++/Java nice to have.
- Ability to build fast, reliable, scalable, highly available, services and software components
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- Experience with SQL server.
If interested, please respond with an updated resume.