Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Oliver James Associates are currently partnered alongside a leading Swiss Private Bank who are undergoing a major investment within their Operations and Technology department. Due to the increase of innovation and new technology introduction, I am actively looking to hire 2 Senior Site Reliability Engineers.
- Lead the site Asset Reliability Program. Embed Reliability into the site's Maintenance Strategy and help deliver the medium/long term improvement agenda
- Work closely with product developers to ensure new features have the proper operational support and maintainability--provide deep technical guidance to development teams
- Continuously refine monitoring processes, thresholds, and configuration
- Continuously engage in capacity planning and exploring solutions to increase the efficiency of the platform leveraging the opportunities of the public clouds
- Own the development of a highly automated continuous delivery platform, ranging from development infrastructure tooling to reduce operational tasks to automated testing capabilities to reliable release and deployment strategies
- Supply in incidents resolution and root cause investigation within postmortems establishing a culture of teamwork between teams
- +8 years experience of proven hands on end to end project implementation involving hands on design, build and improving existing services, technologies and applications
- Proven knowledge of system administration and networking operations in cloud computing environment, with a focus on highly automated solutions.
- Analytical and structured approach in troubleshooting distributed architectures
- Experience building and managing business critical Amazon Web Services environments (or on similar cloud services)
- Strong problem-solving mindset and reciprocal approach to troubleshooting distributed architectures and incidents mitigation, triage, resolution
- Able to script / programme at expert level in at least one of the following languages - Ruby, Python, Perl, PHP, Java, J2EE, SQL or similar language
- Experience working in Agile environment using Scrum/Kanban/TDD