- Provides second line Risk Management guidance, 0versight, challenge and assurance services to enterprise and divisional partners based on the Vanguard's Risk Framework and Culture.
- Supports the development and maintenance of risk methodologies and related policy through data gathering, risk review and benchmarking analysis. Supports Risk Systems (e.g.Ballast Point) development and testing to enhance risk methodology development.
- Develops and cultivates relationships with enterprise and divisional clients to understand their ongoing risk needs. Builds credibility as a thought partner.
- Assists with developing and compiling risk exposure metrics and risk insights data for enterprise and cross-divisional risk forums, as needed.
- Advises on divisional projects, as needed, providing risk expertise, highlighting issues and encouraging the use of established risk frameworks to mitigate and identify risks.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive understanding of risk methodologies, standards and practices.
- Proactively identifies, investigates and recommends improvements to allow for improved risk identification and oversight.
- Collaborates with the Enterprise Risk Management teams to inform and escalate risk issues and events and to stay current with the enterprise risk management frameworks.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
o Undergraduate degree required. Graduate degree and/or Professional Certification (CPA, CIA, CISI, MBA) preferred
o Experience in Risk Management role or other oversight discipline in Financial Services
o Demonstrates capability in risk management analytics and oversight of issues and events. Experience in oversight of Outsourced Activity and/or Shared Services models preferred.
o Ability to develop and maintain relationships with external and internal clients
o Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills with the ability to contribute in a dynamic, fast-paced team atmosphere
o Readily learns new complex concepts and has the ability to incorporate them into analysis and decision-making process
o Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of Access/ Databases including their reporting capabilities. Knowledge of Risk Management systems preferred.