Senior QA Analyst - Charlotte - Full-Time
My client, a global market leader in the insurance space, are looking for an energetic, ambitious QA professional to join their rapidly growing I.T team. A Sr. Associate, Software Quality Assurance is expected to review business requirements and technical specifications, and design, develop and execute test plans which verify that those requirements and specifications are completely and accurately fulfilled.
- Plan, execute and evaluate tests to ensure the conformance of the core system to business requirements and technical specifications, both for system enhancements and existing functionality. * Contribute to the successful fulfillment of business needs by producing software on time, with high quality.
- Maintain and improve test coverage of core system, including expanding the regression test coverage provided by automated tests.
- Contribute to a consistent and stable automated regression.
- Follow the software development lifecycles and conform to best practices.
- Participate in meetings to understand user requirements from the business team and review business requirements software requirements and detailed designs.
- Identify requirement, design or software defects, analyze defect causes, assist with resolutions and communicate issues quickly and clearly.
- Create and maintain project, system and testing documentation as needed.
- Creating, presenting and maintaining user stories and the associated acceptance criteria.
- Ensuring successful fulfillment of acceptance criteria, including participating in reviews of technical designs and validation of completion.
- Provide clear status of progress, including participation in periodic standup meetings.
- Create, update, and maintain documentation and associated best practices as needed. * Foster and participate in a culture of continuous improvement.
- Adhere to Information Security policies and best practices, including security awareness training and other information protection initiatives.
- 2-4+ years total QA testing or programming experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience creating test scenarios, test plans, test cases and test scripts and project time estimates as part of a software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Demonstrated experience conducting functional, integration, performance, regression testing
- Demonstrated experience understanding data models and designing, developing and executing SQL scripts against complex data models.
- Demonstrated experience testing back-end (non-GUI) systems (preferable systems built with a service-oriented architecture).
- Familiarity with basic structures of programming languages, XML or similar software technology.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently and as an integral member of a team.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated, self-directed worker capable of developing detailed tasks from abstract assignments.
- Regular attendance is a minimum requirement of this role.
- Availability to work additional hours to meet challenging deadlines.
- Insurance / Re-insurance experience, preferred.
If interested please respond with an updated resume.