The purpose of this role is to work with the business in identifying, shaping and leading IT and business projects. The successful candidate will work deliver a range of IT based project with a business focus.
- Project Delivery - define approach for project appropriate to size/scale, collaborative creation of appropriate plans, assurance of delivery to cost/time/quality criteria;
- Project team leadership - matrix management of internal delivery teams / 3rd parties / SMEs, chairing regular project updates, maintaining key relationships with IT, HR, Finance, Sales and Marketing;
- Governance - creation and maintenance of key project artefacts, ensuring decision-making and escalation paths are clear defined and followed;
- Sponsor / Stakeholder engagement - maintaining clear progress updates to sponsor and key stakeholders, ensuring scope is maintained whilst being pragmatic in adapting to unique requirements of legal environment;
- Risk - ensuring all project risk is captured and mitigation plans in place;
- Business change - using project structures and techniques to ensure the implementation and embedding of any change is done with the full buy-in of business users and has longevity as a solution;
- Best practice - being an advocate and evangelist for best practice in project management methodologies and controls;
- Management of budget - working with finance project team to track and forecast spend and realisable benefits;
The successful candidate will ideally:
- A proven track record in Project Management 5 years minimum.
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Experience of delivery software-based projects
- Have demonstrable experience in a similar role;
- Financial services experience is a big advantage