Our global life insurer client is rapidly growing their cross-border life insurance offering, with products sold into the pan EU markets. They also reinsure a portfolio of variable annuities sold into Asia.
Our global life insurer client is rapidly growing their cross-border life insurance offering, with products sold into the pan EU markets. They also reinsure a portfolio of variable annuities sold into Asia. Our client's goal is to expand into other markets over the coming years, while also continuing to expand its product range. It currently writes unit linked, variable annuity and protection business.
Through this expansion our client is seeking to appoint a Qualified Pricing and Reinsurance Actuary, to be based in their Dublin office.
Key purpose of the role
- Perform pricing and profit testing for new protection, unit linked and investment guarantee products.
- Perform re-pricing of existing portfolio where needed.
- Implement the reinsurance strategy in line with risk appetite of the company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaise with actuarial, risk and finance departments to set pricing assumptions.
- Maintain and further develop adequate pricing models for the various lines of business while implementing Company and Group guidance on pricing and profit testing.
- Prepare reports on profit testing for presentation to approval committees.
- Manage the reinsurance strategy of the company keeping in mind both commercial considerations and risk appetite
- Conduct ongoing review of technical and market prices for existing business to monitor portfolio profitability and solvency impacts.
- Provide ad-hoc advice on pricing related issues.
Key requirements, skill and experience include:
- Technical knowledge of pricing methodologies and modelling.
- Highly numerate, qualified actuary with life insurance experience.
- Understanding of options and guarantees is helpful along with economic scenario generation and stochastic projections.
- Able to build relationships with other departments and external contacts.
- Coding skills (VBA, SQL, R) and experience in actuarial software (Atlas, MoSes) or an interest in developing these.
- Good market knowledge, pan-European experience is useful.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and keep track of deadlines.
- Able to communicate technical detail in a straightforward manner.
Our client offers an excellent career growth strategy, a mature and productive work environment, combined with excellent work life balance, salary and benefits package.
For more information, please send your updated CV to the below contact details.