Oliver James Associates Switzerland have been retained exclusively to support an international FMCG business headquartered in Zug in their search for an experienced Senior Legal Counsel.
My client is an exceptional FMCG business with distribution to all global hubs. They run their group legal function from Zug and are seeking a Senior Legal Counsel to report directly to General Counsel, acting as the point of contact for Corporate and Commercial tasks in Switzerland.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating different types of contracts, such as license, distribution, procurement and supply agreements and providing legal support/advice to the international sales team
- Supporting the Company on geo-expansion initiatives by drafting of and consulting on the contractual framework
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on R&D and marketing contracts
- Providing legal support and advice in relation to unfair competition and anti-trust laws
- Managing legal conflicts and leading litigation (including potential settlement negotiations) involving other group legal entities
- Supporting all functions by advising on legal issues and implications of business initiatives and providing practical, goal-oriented solutions
- Proactively identifying legal issues with important impact on the business and providing pragmatic Solutions
Required Key Skills:
- Law degree and admission to a bar (Swiss-qualified preferred)
- At least 6 years of post-qualified experience preferably in a law firm and/or legal department of an international FMCG or Industrial company
- Work experience in an international setting (e.g. worked in an international company or in a company/law firm abroad)
- High analytical and conceptual skills combined with the ability to simplify complex matters
- An open-minded, positive thinking and teamwork-oriented attitude
- Stylish written and verbal communication skills in English and German necessary
To learn more about this opportunity please email your CV and contact details directly to Nicky.Walsh@ojassociates.com. Alternatively, if this sounds like an interesting opportunity for somebody within your network, please get in touch to refer them.