Leading provider of mission critical information systems to the retail & wholesale sector are looking for a senior java engineer.
Leading provider of mission critical information systems to the retail & wholesale sector in the UK & Ireland. At the core of this is real-time software which provides market-leading insights and functionality. As a Senior Java Developer you will join the tech team and immediately contribute to the development of our next-generation platform. If you are passionate about delivering robust, well-engineered applications with exceptional user experiences then this is the role for you.
- As a member of a technically diverse Product Development team your role will be to design, develop and test software to high levels of quality and timeliness
- Provide technical guidance and direction to less experienced members of the team
- Propose, and participate in, R&D and proof of concept projects on an ongoing basis.
- Participate in Code and Quality Control reviews
- Participate in product rollout and support functions, liaising with clients as necessary
- Engage with Product Management on new development requirements.
- International travel may be a requirement, from time to time.
Required skills & knowledge:
- 7+ years commercial experience in Java enterprise and web application development
- Experience with some / all of the following:
- Spring Framework, including Spring Boot, Spring Data JPA, Spring Security, Spring Batch, …
- RESTful Web service best practices, design and development (using Spring REST Controllers)
- SQL & relational databases
- Core Java, including familiarity with Java APIs such as JDBC, Threading, Sockets
- Familiarity with industry standard Development tools including Eclipse/NetBeans/IntelliJ, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, Junit, Docker
- Good knowledge and understanding of design patterns and clean code
- Good Knowledge of Microservice development
- Good knowledge of Database design/normalisation
- Experience with modern software processes including Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration