Oliver James Associates is a specialist insurance specific recruitment firm. We are representing a rapidly emerging client of ours that operates in the life insurance industry. This client offers competitive protection, supplemental and asset accumulation products. Over the last few years this life insurance client has a successful track record of acquiring companies and blocks of business, which will continue to be a significant driver of company growth.
Our client is seeking a talented Senior Investment Accountant to assist with operations, accounting, and reporting functions as it relates the Company's general account investment portfolio.
The Senior Investment Accountant will be responsible for GAAP and Statutory general ledger reconciliations, third party reinsurance reporting, and quarterly and annual consolidated disclosures.
- Work closely with Company's third party accounting service providers to ensure accounting and reporting of investments is performed accurately and timely.
- Prepare journal entries related to cash and investments.
- Prepare investment accounting reports as needed to support finance, actuarial, tax, and investment department needs.
- Perform reconciliations of monthly ledger balances back to sub-ledger systems.
- Assist with preparing Statutory and GAAP quarterly/annual financial statements.
- Assist with requests from auditors and/or state examiners.
- Assist with a conversion of the investment accounting platform from one investment accounting system to a newly selected
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of various investment types including bonds, mortgage loans, derivatives and limited partnerships.
- 3 - 10 years of accounting experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience required
- Knowledge of GAAP and Statutory financial accounting regulations a plus
- Experience with PAM for Investments or other investment accounting systems is preferred