Senior Infrastructure Engineer (AWS) - Manchester
Due to growth within the team, an opportunity has arisen for an AWS Infrastructure Engineer to join the Infrastructure team of this successful software house based in Manchester. Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for helping to deliver continuous improvement in the Infrastructure function.
- Contribute to the design, management & maintenance of our AWS hosted infrastructure covering our dev, UAT and production environments.
- Provide a resilient, scalable and secure platform.
- Support technology projects & sprints.
- Deliver to the maintenance plan.
- 3rd line incident and service request resolution.
- Problem management and root cause analysis.
- Provide internal guidance and support to colleagues regarding AWS best practice.
What we're looking for from you:
- Extensive hands-on expertise in AWS
- It is desirable for the candidate to either hold or be studing towards a certified AWS Solution Architect Associate (or equivalent/higher level comparable certification)
- Able to challenge appropriately and present effective solutions.
- A self-starter who can work on own initiative.
- Attention to detail.
- A high focus on delivery and continuous improvement.
Desirable skills and experience you can also bring:
- Containerisation (Docker and AWS ECS or similar)
- Linux and Windows, with emphasis on scripting and automation.
- Automation tools, focusing on deployments through CodeBuild and CodePipeline.
- AWS-based capacity and performance logging and monitoring solutions.
- Building custom dashboards and tools to support the platform.
- Experience in architecting and building solutions to support highly available and scalable web sites, mobile apps and public APIs.
- MySQL / Aurora, MongoDB, Redis and other database / NoSQL technologies.
For further details or a conversation regarding the role and business please apply or call us directly on 0203 8619182.