My client is looking for a flexible, highly driven and entrepreneurial candidate for the role of Senior FP&A Analyst. The organisation is looking to further strengthen and streamline its Financial Reporting & Controlling in line with strategy and rapidly growing operations.
Reporting directly to the Finance Director of the European Methanol Group (based in Amsterdam), the Senior FP&A specialist will be instrumental in the further professionalisation of the finance function.
Primary responsibilities and duties include
Business Planning and Forecasting
- Responsible for the preparation of the Monthly rolling forecast and preparation of the annual budget
- Responsible for the preparation of the strategic mid-term planning process and track results on a monthly cycle
- Identify risks & sensitivities against the delivery of full year targets
- Identify opportunities and corrective actions to eliminate gaps in performance (e.g. working capital and cash flow optimization)
- Organize the process to provide insights on business performance to support decision making & prioritization
- Review monthly performance and provide a comprehensive & insightful analysis of results
- Establish, track & monitor KPI's
- Plan and assist with coordination of monthly / quarterly committees and business reviews
- Provide guidelines to ensure consistency & integrity of data measurement
- Report above analysis in a concise matter to the relevant stakeholders such as the methanol global management team and the Corporate head-office.
Ensure Organizational Effectiveness
- Support investment and portfolio choices by providing relevant financial analysis / insights and mount appropriate challenge to business case proposals
- Support standardization & continuous improvement in the relevant functional processes, systems & practices
- Work effectively in cross-functional teams and interact effectively with the regional teams
Knowledge, experience and technical expertise
- Displays a compelling and proven track record in the field of FP&A
- Holds a master degree in Finance, Economics or Mathematics
- Excellent and up to date accounting expertise and good knowledge of other business areas, such as sales, operations, marketing and procurement
- Proven ability to manage processes and projects
- Abreast of industry updates, commodity price developments and other market trends impacting the business
- Knowledge of IFRS reporting requirements is pre
- In depth knowledge of developing financial models (in Excel) and valuation is required
- Knowledge of Hyperion and smart view, EPM processes and tools (i.e. Board.com) and other consolidation and analytic tools (i.e. Power BI) is pre
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (English, Dutch is pre)
- Attention to detail and the ability to identify data patterns
Performance and personal competencies
- At least 5+ years of working as a finance professional in a financial, accounting, control, or planning & analysis role within a dynamic, fast-paced, working environment
- Work experience in an international commodity trading environment is a pre.
- Experience in modernizing and upgrading an accounting and reporting function
- International and public company experience
- Strong analytical capabilities
- IT Savvy
Executing for results
- Works at a high pace, while delivering quality work
- Must be a self-starter, work independently and drive delivery focus
- Able to articulate a value proposition and secure buy-in and support from key stakeholders
Building Relationships and using influence
- Strong communicator; is highly articulate. Makes arguments in a compelling manner and comes to the point
- Brings immediate credibility. Is able to build and sustain relationships at all levels of the organization, as well as externally
Located in Amsterdam is the European head office of the European Methanol Activities. The Methanol activities are wholly owned by the organisation, a publicly traded entity based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. The organisation is a leading global producer and distributer of natural gas-based fertilizers and industrial chemicals used by agricultural and industrial customers. The organisation's European methanol business focusses on various activities in the supply chain of methanol and related (bio) fuels. Through production by its own facility and offtake agreements, together with a specialized marketing and sales organization it is optimizing trade flows of its various products and enhancing netback pricing and margin. The biofuels business is constantly contributing to fulfil the increasing global demand of renewable fuels.
The organisation's production capacity spans three continents and comprises approximately 14 million metric tons per year of nitrogen fertilizers, methanol, diesel exhaust fluid, melamine, and other natural gas-based products, serving agricultural and industrial customers around the world.
The organisation employs approximately 3,700 people and is listed on the Euronext in Amsterdam
Based in Amsterdam