The European Finance team is recruiting for a Dublin based role. The role is within the "Close & Control" team which manages the US GAAP close function for Group on behalf of the corporate team in Bermuda. In addition, the Dublin team supports local Regulatory, Statutory and Management reporting services for the European legal entities.
Responsibilities will include operational supervision and review of specific tasks completed by our offshore Finance team in India, providing assistance in the resolution of queries in conjunction with various teams in respective business units across the globe. This role is heavily controls focused ensuring service standards are maintained and while continually striving for process improvements.
The key to success in this role will be to manage a timely and quality service by our offshore partner, being motivated to proactively address issues, problem solve and strive for process improvement.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Financial Accounting Close - Monthly & Quarterly
· Review output of the tasks performed by BPO partner; Premiums & Commissions, Reported Claims, IBNR, Loss fund accounting, Receivable & Payables, Banks, Intercompany, Loans and Debt and review of Foreign exchange.
· Review data transfer and adjustments from USGAAP to UKGAAP, financial statements and Solvency II Ledgers.
· Assist Finance Manager in developing and maintaining corporate accounting policies to ensure the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls over external financial reporting, supporting compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
· Responsible for the preparation of variance analysis on key accounts identifying and explaining deviations from trend or budget.
· Liaison with other business teams for further analysis to understand entity specific variances across investments, ceded reinsurance and G&A.
· Assist in completion of period end Finance Management reports and preparation of additional ad-hoc analysis as required.
· Assist Finance Manager in addressing Auditor's queries and ensure successful completion of internal and external audits.
· Special projects, as required organization restructure, system integrations, RPA design etc.
· Identify training needs and organize training for the outsourced staff. Proactively escalate issues to Finance Director.
· Assist in monitoring performance of the BPO partner against Service Levels agreements.
· Provision of regular training and feedback sessions with offshore support team.
· Continued identification and recommendation of process improvements, through increased automation or outsourcing.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
· Appropriate accounting experience, with a background in insurance preferred.
· US GAAP, UK GAAP, IFRS and SII knowledge preferred.
· Understanding of SOX compliance requirements with respect to Financial Reporting processes.
· Experience with financial systems, business performance management systems and experience with business intelligence software.
· Commercially savvy and possesses excellent analytical skills to understand numbers and their implications on the business.
· Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint etc.
· Hyperion Smartview and Oracle experience is beneficial.
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS:
· Strong communication skills; both written and verbal.
· Flexible working ability to facilitate Group platform.
· Strong analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
· Strong organizational skills and ability to successfully prioritize workload and delegate effectively
· Capable of working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
· Limited international travel may be required.
This is an opportunity to work in a large international financial services company with the opportunity to gain valued experience in a specialist industry. Working as part of the finance team, you will be a core member of a global finance team.