- Independently design and develop solutions to support reporting, analytic and warehouse needs using the appropriate platform, tools and programming languages on assorted system requests.
- Using independent judgment, analyze business requirements and work with client areas to produce specifications used in creation of the reporting and analytical solutions.
- Maintain existing warehouse, reporting and analytic solutions by providing production support for troubleshooting and regular processing needs.
- Ensure newly designed systems run as needed, perform validity check on production output.
- Turn functional and data mappings into reporting, analytic and warehousing solutions.
- Conduct performance tuning on new and existing systems to insure optimal efficiency.
- 10 years of experience developing data warehouse solutions preferably within the insurance industry.
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent certifications in technical system design.
- Sound understanding of data warehouse best practices, relational data structures and dimensional data modeling.
- Strong knowledge of current relational database and big data software and query concepts
- Advanced SQL skills and proficiency with Stored Procedures
- Prior experience with architecting complex ETL processes.
- Experience supporting large scale Enterprise Data Warehouses
- Expertise with Informatica Power Center, Intelligent Data Lake or MS SQL Server SSDT/SSIS.
- Experience with modeling tools like Erwin
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems and to work independently on multiple tasks
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with technical and non-technical associates