An exciting opportunity has arisen for a newly created data scientist role within a leading global life insurer. The data scientist will be part of the AI group to shape the businesses Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence agenda.
My client is the largest independent publicly listed Pan-Asian life insurance group which operates across 18 markets in Asia Pacific. Their purpose is to play a leadership role in driving economic and social development across the region.
The role sits within the Digitisation and Innovation function and will be reporting into the Head of Innovation Technologies.
The data scientist will be responsible for:
- Driving a journey to leverage Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Natural Language Processing.
- They will be expected to act with a level of autonomy integrating ML/AI concepts into the business.
- Implement projects across the 18 Pan-Asian markets which make up my clients group.
- Engage business leaders to discuss the benefits that ML and AI can provide.
- Identify opportunities to leverage ML and AI concepts.
- Develop AI and ML models and algorithms to solve business problems.
The data scientist will need to have:
- A 'start-up' mentality and must be able to work within fast moving, 'hands-on', results orientated environments.
- A 'can do' attitude and be passionate about building and developing new ideas.
- A Master's or PH.D. in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or related quantitave field.
- 10+ years experience in AI, Machine Learning, Predictive Analytic methodology.
- 5 years experience in implementing and validating big data algorithms and models.
- Fluency in analytic tools such as R, SAS, Matlab.
- Mastery of programming languages such as SQL, C/C++/Java and scripting languages like Perl/Python.
The role will be include:
- End to end ownership of processes.
- Stakeholder and business interaction.
- Using hands-on modelling and data science work to solve business problems.
- Creating business insights and implementing them to add value to the business.
To find out more please send your updated CV in Word format to Max.Ball@ojassociates.com or contact me on +85230184644 for a confidential discussion.