The individual will be primarily responsible for producing high quality credit strategy research, in close coordination with both the Macro & Market Research team (10 economists and strategists) and the Credit Research team (more than 15 analysts). We are looking for an analyst with strong quantitative skills to support the portfolio allocation decisions. The Research team is working very closely with Investments and has a key role in the Group Investment Strategy. In the broader version of the position, the mission would include spearheading an effort to beef up quant analytics and tools across the whole research platform. Ability to communicate effectively to support implementation of investment ideas and ability to work within tight deadlines are important. Depending on the candidate and exact role (Credit Strategy only or extension to Quant), the reporting line will be into the Head of Macro & Market Research or directly into the Head of Research.
- Produce Credit portfolio allocation and investment idea recommendations (based on return forecasts, portfolio optimisation and relative value analysis) in cooperation with Macro & Market and Credit Research team
- Follow up implementations with portfolio managers.
- Further develop credit strategy analytics, leveraging on existing tools.
- Assist Group Head of Investment Strategy (Head of Research) in preparing Investment Committees.
- Publish investment research, for internal and/or external distribution.
- Presentation of analyses to internal and external clients
Potential Extension of the Role
- Develop suite of quant analytics, aiming at beefing up the quality of the investment recommendations and enhancing productivity of the Research and Investment platform.
- This includes supporting the global portfolio optimisation team, developing new sector and style valuation and allocation tools, relative value analytics, risk premia etc.
- In the most extended version of the role, this would include big data and AI developments, with the help of more junior resources.
- Join Research Management Committee. Assist Head of Research in making strategic decisions regarding the positioning and development of Research.
- Excellent Analytical Skills - The candidate has a strong experience in global credit markets, strategy and portfolio allocation, much preferably with a strong quant background.
- Experience and judgment- The analyst should have worked in a credit market environment in a buy side or sell side role for at least 5-7 years.
- Management skills. In the broader version of the role, the candidate will manage (existing) junior resources.
- Teamwork & Core Values: Candidate should be a team player and be prepared to accept the company's core values and principles. The role will require strong coordination with the top-down and bottom-up research teams.
- Decent communication skills -The candidate should be able to express his opinion via clear written opinions. Good verbal communication & presentation skills are desirable.
- Languages: Fluent in English. Speaking Italian, French and/or German is a plus.
- Preferably PhD. Minimum: Undergraduate degree plus MBA, CFA (or similar)
- At least 5 years of experience in buy or sell side.
- The Research department covers both top down and bottom up research, with a strong bias towards supporting the investment strategy of our insurance and third party portfolios.
- The team delivers macro forecasts, tactical asset allocation recommendations, investment ideas, single name research and portfolio analysis.
- It is composed of 35 professionals of different nationalities based in Italy, France, Germany & Switzerland.