A key client of mine is seeking to appoint a Senior Actuarial Associate, within their growing Pensions Advisory Team. The role will be varied; with a focus on both actuarial and non-actuarial clients and thus a versatile and ambitious individual is required. Experience of UK DB pension schemes is needed as well as an understanding of IFRS.
Part Qualified Pensions Actuary | Senior Consultant | Leeds UK
Oliver James Associates are working in partnership with a multi-national professional services firm, who are looking to appoint a versatile part qualified/NNQ actuary, to join their growing Pensions Advisory team.
In this role you will:
- Work directly with both actuarial and non-actuarial clients and colleagues.
- Provide numerical advice and carry out technical work including valuations and accounting.
- Liase with senior management and provide support where needed.
- Provide pensions advice to different teams throughout the company and build strong relationships along the way to identify areas of improvement or opportunities.
- Act as a mentor to the more junior team members.
The successful Actuarial Associate will have:
- Previous pensions actuarial or technical experience.
- Strong Industry knowledge and experience of UK DB pensions schemes.
- Understanding of IFRS, UK and US GAAP accounting standards with the ability and experience to prepare accounting figures.
- Experience in a pension's advisory environment.
To discuss this opportunity further or to gain an oversight of the current pensions actuarial and investment markets please get in touch.