Compliance; Insurance; Renowned insurance brand name; Opportunity to manage teams
- Support the business in managing the conduct and regulatory risks.
- Provide assurance to the Management on the mitigation of key risks.
- Ensure full understanding of Fair Dealing Outcomes and one's own accountability in delivering these outcomes as applicable to the role.
- Assist and manage the Market Conduct & Investigation and Regulatory Assurance teams.
- Assist the Appeal Committee in administering market conduct and balanced scorecard appeals to the relevant boards
- Implement strategic plans to mitigate and eliminate operational risks.
- Work closely together with management in performing operational risk reviews.
- Assist in identifying and evaluating risk areas across the operational activities.
- Investigate root causes of operational risks and provide support to mitigate risk.
- Develop strong relationship with key stakeholders and business partners by addressing issues/concerns in timely manner.
- Develop and maintain framework for reporting on compliance matters
- Prepare reports for management and board committees
- Report on local conduct issues and regulatory compliance
- Respond to queries and assessments
- Degree from a reputable university
- Professional compliance qualification would be preferred, but not a must
- CMFAS Module 5, 9, 9A and HI qualifications
- Proficient in regulations:
- Insurance Act & Regulations
- MAS Act
- Financial Advisers Act & Regulations
- LIA Guidelines
- Practical experience in risk/ audit/ compliance function for a life/composite insurance/banking company, or major audit firms
- 7 to 12 years' experience in the financial services industry (preferably in compliance, risk or audit function) and able to work independently without close supervision.
- Good writing skills (i.e. able to write clearly and concisely)
- Good understanding of insurance business including the operations and insurance products
- Good analytical ability, with attention to details
- Good negotiation and inter-personal skills