Our client is establishing a centralised Risk function and is seeking a Senior Business Risk Manager
CEP Independent Risk Management (CEP Risk), headquartered in Dublin, acts as the second line of defense for the holistic management of risk across all business lines and locations of CEP.
The department benefits from the substantial use and leverage of Group Risk resources, processes, data, models and systems. The role of the Risk Business Manager is to evaluate the appropriateness of the services supplied to CEP and to ensure that robust governance standards and controls are in place that meet regulatory requirements.
* Create a formal compendium of all resources, processes and services to CEP Risk (In-group outsourcing) documenting the systems, data flows and controls as well as the control processes regarding models provided to CEP by the business.
* Assess controls in place in relation to the provision of the services, contingency plans and level of review and testing performed by the first and third line in relation to the processes.
* Evaluate against European regulatory requirements of in-group outsourcing arrangements.
* Review and recommend enhancements where appropriate to the controls and assurance processes in place in each of the relevant Risk teams receiving the services.
* Ensure these controls are included in the Manager Control Assessment (MCA) processes in each area of the Risk Management function.
* Embed a formalised, ongoing assurance process in relation to the services received.
* Evaluate the impact of new products and propositions on Group-supplied services.
* Co-operate closely with all Risk leads to ensure consistency in application of in-group outsourcing controls processes
* Work closely with Global Risk Management to ensure CEP risk issues are identified and addressed.
* Ensure that in-group outsourcing components of relevant internal and external audits, inspections and reviews are completed successfully and that any follow up actions diligently performed.
Experience and Skills
* Several years of third-party management experience in an international banking organisation with a diverse product set.
* Self-starter who will develop and implement a robust internal control environment for all in-group outsourcing services utilised by CEP Risk.
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written / verbal) at all organisational levels including very strong influencing and negotiation skills.
* Authority to liaise with senior personnel across the business involved in the provision of systems, data and services to CEP, review controls and request enhancements where needed.
* Ability to interact with auditors / regulators and understanding of applicable best practice guidelines and regulations.