I am currently recruiting for a hands on Senior BI Architect to join a dynamic, technology forward organisation based in East London. The role will be two fold- someone that can both be responsible for "leading from the front" in terms of architecture and be able to develop complex data warehousing and analytical solutions that are robust and scalable. You will have in depth understanding of various market leading BI technologies, products and tools, be adaptable and provide technical guidance on best practices and approach.
- Develop highly scalable, robust, performant and extensible Big Data platforms which enable collection, storage, modelling, and analysis of massive datasets from multiple real time and near real time sources
- To ensure the delivery of new projects and any upgrades/enhancements to the key components that make up the Retail BI technology stack do not compromise the performance, scalability and robustness of these components, which include: Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server and Big Query databases, Airflow orchestration frameworks, the analytical/reporting layer that consists of a Hadoop HDFS Cluster with Presto and Hive
- Perform architecture design, data modelling, and implementation of Big Data platform and analytic applications for key business stakeholders.
- Make key technology decisions and help define the strategic direction and platform(s) for BI reporting across the business
- Assist in making technology choices to ensure that we build key skills around central key capabilities within the BI & Reporting team
- Grow and maintain strong business relationships with senior stakeholders and executives.
- ESSENTIAL: Linux, SQL, PL/SQL, Hadoop HDFS, Apache Airflow, Python, Shell Scripting, Oracle, Data Modelling, ETL tools like ODI
- DESIRABLE: SQL Server, SSAS, MDS, Teradata, Cloud Platforms like Google Cloud Platform (GCP) - Data Proc, Big Query, Azure or Amazon S3, Proc C*, Hive and Presto
- Hands on experience working on Big Data Sets and BI Cloud projects
- Strong technical leadership capabilities and an appetite to develop junior members of the team
- Strong communication skills
- Senior stakeholder management skills
- High attention to detail
The business offers an excellent working environment within large open plan offices. The offices are a short walk from the tram and train stop as well as easy access to bus routes. They also offer excellent benefits and a fantastic bonus scheme.