The ideal candidate must have strong understanding of the following technologies: AWS Core Services,
Elastic Beanstalk, Kubernetes, API Gateway, Lambda, Docker, Linux, Windows, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB,
Python, New Relic, GitHub, JIRA & Confluence
Primary Job Duties
● Provide day-to-day operational support of our applications on AWS
● Work closely with development teams to integrate their projects into the production and test AWS
environments and ensure their ongoing support
● Be a DevOps champion and work closely with other internal teams to build security, reliability, and
scalability into the development lifecycle
● Provide input on design and AWS-related considerations / options
● Gain functional knowledge of the applications you support
● Dive deep into the product stack to troubleshoot as needed
● Bring engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in the
● Troubleshoot and resolve application development, deployments and operations issues
● Architect and implement reliable infrastructure services on AWS, from the ground up, to deliver
highly scalable services
● Serve in an on-call rotation as an escalation contact for critical production issues
● Improve CI/CD tooling
● Implement and improve monitoring and alerting
● Build and maintain highly available systems
● Implement and maintain monitoring stacks - Experience with New Relic is a plus.
● Lead and guide the team in identifying and implementing new technologies.
● Lead the migration to containerization and infrastructure as code
● Implement security best practices
● Know standard security practices and identify any potential infrastructure-specific vulnerabilities.
● Gain deep application-level knowledge of our systems and contribute to their overall design.
● Work with development teams to enhance, document, and establish processes and generally
improve the operability and security of our systems.
● Improve automation of operational processes (provisioning, replication, deployments, continuous
● Bring monitoring, alerting, and observability for production and nonproduction issues to the next
● 5+ years of experience working with AWS core services (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, CloudFormation,
RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, API Gateway, etc).
● Experience with designing, deploying, monitoring and managing systems on Kubernetes including
● Very strong scripting and automation skills - you believe you can automate just about everything
● Hands-on experience with troubleshooting, securing, and improving manually configured AWS
● Experienced with Application Performance Monitoring (APM) and log aggregation at scale
● Familiar with the concepts of microservice architecture and how those concepts are implemented in
AWS with services such as API Gateway
● Installing, configuring, and managing RDS's such as PostgreSQL and DynamoDB.
● Experience as a champion of Infrastructure as Code. Able to lead the transformation from manual
"hands-on" in AWS to Infrastructure as Code
● Experience supporting application development teams who work in an iterative-based development
environment using Agile/Scrum/Kanban
● Solid understanding of AWS billing and cost modelling
● Experience with build & release automation tools and methodologies.
● Experience with Jenkins is a plus
● An appreciation for pragmatism and simplicity in systems architecture
● Intellectually curious - prepared to challenge and be challenged
● Continuously strive to learn new technologies and look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly
● Configuration Management experience such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or similar.
● Strong Linux system administration background.
● Ability to present and communicate the architecture in a visual form.
● Knowledge of web design architecture and scalability
● Problem-solving versatility and resourcefulness.
● Experience with container systems (Docker)
● Hands on experience of working with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, etc.
● Experience automating AWS configuration, build and deployments using Ansible, Cloud Formation,
● Experience designing and maintaining reliable, high-availability production systems and services
● Willingness to learn new languages, methods and technologies
● AWS Certification
● BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent, or a Bachelor's in an unrelated field
with at least 5 years of professional experience. A relevant Master's degree is a plus.