Senior Audit Manager AML
Senior Audit Manager AML
This is a great opportunity to join my client in Amsterdam, as we continue building out our specialist team for assurance over financial crime risks,while offering an international scope and working closely with their colleagues in London & New York! If you have approximately 8 years relevant Audit / AML experience, and feel excited about a career in a international top bank, I would like to hear from you.
Overview of the department
Internal Audit operates as the bank's third line of defence, and in accordance with the global institute of internal auditors international standards (IIA standards), provides independent assurance to the board and executive management on the quality and effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls to monitor manage and mitigate key risks to achieving the bank's objectives.
Main purpose of the role
My client is embarking on a multi-year transformation to globalize the Internal Audit function. Financial Crimes Audit is one of the first areas globalized under this transformation. An exciting new opportunity has therefore emerged for a Senior Audit Manager to join my client in Amsterdam, as they build towards a best in class, global Internal Audit function and the Financial Crimes Audit Team. Reporting into the regional Financial Crimes Audit team in London, the SAM will be responsible for the MBE Financial Crime Audit portfolio, including supporting the risk assessment, annual planning and audit execution processes, in close collaboration with the London Based Financial Crime Audit team as well as the MBE Internal Audit team in Amsterdam and other colleagues across the globe. The Amsterdam based Financial Crime audit team will operate as a 'satellite' office, reporting into the Regional Head of Financial Crimes Audit, based in London.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Informing the audit universe and the related risk assessment for MBE branches, assisting the Regional Head of Audit to produce an appropriate Financial Crimes audit plan and maintain relevant documentary evidence that the plan is risk based and provides the entity coverage stipulated within methodology. Ensure that risk assessments are up to date and accurate.
- Utilise subject matter expertise, knowledge of the business and wider industry knowledge to influence the audit plan and the risk assessments applied to the Financial Crimes audit universe. This includes anti-money laundering, sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption.
- Form part of the regional financial crime leadership team, responsible for the execution of high quality audits and opinions in line with Methodology / IIA/ QA requirements.
- Ensure timely and efficient delivery and execution of audit assignments within agreed timelines / milestones.
- Ensure audit reporting and Management Information (MI) is accurate and complete (e.g. Monthly Audit Reports, Audit Committee reporting etc.)
- Deliver continuous monitoring assignments for a set portfolio across all MBE branches and supervise the delivery by Audit Managers where applicable (who may not always be located in the same country). Ensure effectiveness of continuous monitoring which underpins audit activity and areas of focus.
- Deliver audit reports which are insightful, factually based, impactful and robust, and require minimal rewrite by the Head of Audit. May be required to support multiple engagements concurrently. In addition to this you may also work on a wide range of change management audits, linked to your portfolio.
- During the life-cycle of an engagement you will manage the performance of the auditors on that engagement. This will include coaching and developing team members.
- Champion the implementation of methodology best practice throughout the team, leading by example.
- Display very strong appreciation of risk and control in banking.
- Responsible for agreeing draft Management Action Plan for reports and checking for robustness of actions and proposed timelines, prior to approval by relevant Head of Audit. Ownership of follow-up and validation of audit issues raised.
- Assist the Heads of Audit in preparing third party submissions for the Chief Auditor.
- Work collaboratively with all Internal Audit colleagues regionally and globally to ensure that the quality of work produced globally continues to advance. On occasions, you may be required to act as lead on Global Thematic Audits.
- Audits will predominantly be executed in the Amsterdam office and the other MBE branches (Spain, Austria, Poland, Belgium and Germany), however regular travel to London and occasional travel to New York may be required.
In order to be successful in the role, you will need the following:
Skills and experience:
- Extensive experience of working in an audit function within the wholesale / investment banking sector, or similar 'Big-4' experience with relevant industry exposure.
- A strong understanding of IIA standards, practices, issue and report writing.
- A strong understanding of compliance and audit within the banking sector.
- Proven experience with European banking and financial crime regulations for the region, preferably including direct interactions with DNB or direct exposure to their supervision. Solid understanding of risk management frameworks, expected processes, key risks and associated controls.
- Strong understanding of projects and change in banking.
- Financial Crime relevant qualification or working towards completion (e.g. CAMS, CFCS, ICA certifications).
I lavori simili
Credit Risk Audit Specialist
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- €90000 - €110000 per jaar
- giorni 27 fa
Audit Specialist Credit Risk Corporate Audit Services conducts and coordinates operational audits within the area of Credit Risk Management. The Credit Risk Audit Specialist, together with a team of auditors and credit risk specialists, plays an important role in providing assurance wit... Leggi di più
Snr Internal Auditor - Insurance
- Fareham, Hampshire
- £5000 - £65000 per annum + Car, Pension, etc.
- giorni 6 fa
You will execute audit engagement activities including determination of scope, risk analysis and documentation of audit results, in line with Group Audit standards. Key Responsibilities: Your main responsibilities will include: Building an in-depth understanding of Group Audit standards... Leggi di più