Due to increased demands and business transformation, a leading insurer based in Edinburgh OR London is seeking to recruit a Senior Actuarial Manager to build a new Financial Reporting team and work within a position of continuous leadership.
Financial Reporting is accountable for delivering on time and accurate financial results and disclosures across all reporting metrics, while providing real business insights, quality assurance and technical advice.
The team is responsible for communicating high level commercial analysis to business leaders and present how external factors influence the financial health of the business.
- To lead a team of Finance professionals, in the delivery of a suite of management information, on a range of financial reporting and business management metrics (including Solvency II, IFRS, new business profits, cash generation) for internal and external reporting with supporting analysis and clear and concise commentary demonstrating that the drivers of profit/ surplus are well understood.
- To ensure the delivery of high quality management information, meeting customer needs, within a robust control framework.
- To develop a suite of reporting tools to aid delivery of regular management information, predictive results and budget and forecasting.
- To liaise with the wider Finance teams to understand the impacts of various activity on the ongoing financial statements.
- To hold ultimate accountability for the accuracy of the output of the team, balancing resource time and cost to optimise the quality of the output.
- To develop a team which challenges the status quo, embraces changes, strives to make continuous incremental improvements and is responsive to future business requirements.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in operational risk.