Our client, a leading property and casualty reinsurance and insurance business with local and international presence.
The Group Chief Financial Officer is looking to recruit an ambitious accountant with solid insurance industry experience to develop into a Finance Manager, supervising a team of 3/4.
- Assist the Group Financial Controller in managing the overall Head office Finance Function.
- Co-ordination and preparation of year end statutory accounts and other year end /half year end processes and closely monitor year end timetable is followed.
- Manage the month end close process by coordinating, preparing and calculating data, inputting and reviewing journal entries in GL.
- Preparation of key financial reporting deliverables.
- Preparation of financial information and analysis in response to requests from Senior Management.
- Work closely with Finance, IT and the business to approach to develop and implement process and financial system improvements.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations for internal & board audiences.
You will have/be:
- Degree or equivalent, CA or CPA Qualified is highly desirable
- Minimum 3 years experience in accounting or finance roles within the financial services sector).
- Strong technical financial accounting skills, including a solid understanding of US GAAP and accrual accounting principles.
- Extensive knowledge of financial reporting requirements and experience in preparing financial statements.
- Good understanding of insurance products.
- Strong Excel skills.