Our client is a leading reinsurance and insurance business based in the heart of downtown Manhattan, NYC.
In this newly created position you will be responsible for the accounting of a personal lines insurance accounts for the Property and Casualty insurance business. We are looking for a candidate with a strong background in accounting and data processing for an auto or personal lines insurer.
- Responsible for auto / motor vehicle insurance accounting.
- Prepare monthly reports, prepare and load journal entries and reconcile for motor vehicle / auto insurance standard business.
- Produce accounting reports and balance sheet records for accounts such as unearned revenue, Inter-company receivable & payable, State and Federal taxes, depreciation schedules, allowance for doubtful accounts, prepaid insurance and expense.
- Preparation and positing of general journal entries.
- Enter cash and apply to balances for the premium trust accounts.
- Prepare monthly manual cash flow statements.
- Reconcile the daily Master and subsidiary bank accounts
- Technical variance analysis
- Adhere to time-lines set in closing calendars
Desired Experience and Education:
- Over four years of accounting experience within an insurance company.
- Practice experience and knowledge of regulatory reporting.
- Advanced skills in Excel and other similar office software.
- High school graduate with some colleague preferred.