Scrum Master - Manchester City Centre
You will be the go-to person for applying scrum methods/practises overseeing the production of high-quality work across 2-3 small development teams. Scrum Master duties include managing timelines, resolving problems and coaching team members on Agile methodologies. Ultimately, you'll create self-organizing teams that are flexible and fully productive adapting well to both Sprint or Kanban delivery.
Ideal role for someone moving into a Scrum master role, or with a couple of years experience.
Key responsibilities and accountability's
- Coordinates developer sprints, retrospective meetings and daily stand-ups
- Facilitates internal communication with key stakeholders across IT and Change
- Works with product owners and project managers in the prioritisation of backlogs and new requests
- Resolves conflicts and remove obstacles through effective collaboration and timely escalation
- Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint and that changes are implemented effectively
Critical knowledge, skills and experience required
- Scrum framework - excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
- Ensure Delivery Momentum - the ability to solve issues, unblock problems through effective coordination of people and backlog items (occasionally facilitating changes) with your mind set on deliverables. If you're a strong communicator, a capable leader and you're invested in Agile frameworks, we'd like to meet you.
- Strong Communicator of Technical and Non-Technical - familiar with software development and testing practises and able to communicate issues effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution - the ability to quickly understand and articulate issues ensuring a speedy resolution to delivery blockers etc.
Based just off St.Peter's Square, you will be based with a growing Technology & Change Team in new and modern office space. The business is building a new team outside of their London offices as they continue to Digitise their business.