To assist with ensuring our client and its International Distribution Companies (IDCs) comply with external and internal requirements relating to Sanctions, Export Controls and Licensing.
The key responsibilities will include;
- To provide prompt advice in respect of sanctions, export controls and licensing to the business to ensure legal requirements, Lloyd's requirements and our client's group policies and guidelines are met
- To undertake a second pair of eyes peer review in respect of sanctions, export controls and licensing advice and drafted by another member of the Compliance team and in respect of reviews of sanctions alerts in the sanctions screening tool
- To assist with mentoring/training members of the Compliance team in respect of sanctions, export controls and licensing advice
- To keep up to date with new sanctions and any changes to export controls and licensing requirements and summarise the impact these will have on our client and its IDCs
- To draft regular and ad hoc updates for underwriters and claims in respect of sanctions, export controls and licensing
- To draft internal guidance and procedures relating to sanctions, export controls and licensing
- To manage own workload to ensure agreed service standards are met, or agree any extensions with the Compliance Officer or Director of Risk and Compliance and to provide clear status updates on the progress of work and or status of issues
- To attend team and/or Committee meetings or forums as and when requested
- To undertake any ad-hoc projects and activities as and when required
The ideal candidate will have;
- Appropriate & relevant experience working within the Lloyd's market or international insurance market.
- Understanding of application of sanctions legislation to an insurer.
- Understanding of current regulatory environment.
- Understanding of the work of the other departments within an insurance organisation.
- Technical insurance knowledge in order to be able to question and challenge syndicate and service company staff.
- Ability to tactfully question and challenge syndicate and service company staff, and then present considered views and
- Accurate / diligent.
- Must have excellent written communication skills.