Sanctions, Exports Controls and Licensing Analyst
To assist with ensuring our client and its International Distribution Companies (IDCs) comply with external and internal requirements relating to Sanctions, Export Controls and Licensing.
The key responsibilities will include;
- To provide prompt advice in respect of sanctions, export controls and licensing to the business to ensure legal requirements, Lloyd's requirements and our client's group policies and guidelines are met
- To undertake a second pair of eyes peer review in respect of sanctions, export controls and licensing advice and drafted by another member of the Compliance team and in respect of reviews of sanctions alerts in the sanctions screening tool
- To assist with mentoring/training members of the Compliance team in respect of sanctions, export controls and licensing advice
- To keep up to date with new sanctions and any changes to export controls and licensing requirements and summarise the impact these will have on our client and its IDCs
- To draft regular and ad hoc updates for underwriters and claims in respect of sanctions, export controls and licensing
- To draft internal guidance and procedures relating to sanctions, export controls and licensing
- To manage own workload to ensure agreed service standards are met, or agree any extensions with the Compliance Officer or Director of Risk and Compliance and to provide clear status updates on the progress of work and or status of issues
- To attend team and/or Committee meetings or forums as and when requested
- To undertake any ad-hoc projects and activities as and when required
The ideal candidate will have;
- Appropriate & relevant experience working within the Lloyd's market or international insurance market.
- Understanding of application of sanctions legislation to an insurer.
- Understanding of current regulatory environment.
- Understanding of the work of the other departments within an insurance organisation.
- Technical insurance knowledge in order to be able to question and challenge syndicate and service company staff.
- Ability to tactfully question and challenge syndicate and service company staff, and then present considered views and
- Accurate / diligent.
- Must have excellent written communication skills.
I lavori simili
Head of Training and Competence
- North West England, England
- Up to £50000 per annum + benefits
- circa 6 ore fa
Oliver James are currently representing a leading Financial Services organisation who are looking to appoint a Head of Training and Competence. This is a key role within the organisation and you will be responsible for leading a high performing team, providing support and coaching acros... Leggi di più
Portfolio Monitoring Analyst
- City of London, London
- £30000 - £45000 per annum + bonus
- giorni 8 fa
I am recruiting for a Global Asset Manager who are looking for a Portfolio Monitoring Analyst based in London. The successful candidate will join my client and help deliver the complete work flow of the Portfolio Monitoring processes, acting as the point of contact across their fund gro... Leggi di più
Corporate Governance/Company Secretary
- Dublin City Centre, Dublin
- giorni 10 fa
Our client is currently expanding their Corporate Governance team in Dublin and are looking to hire a number of experienced candidates to facilitate this. As a Corporate Governance Expert, you will work closely with our clients internal asset management teams and business partners to en... Leggi di più
Data Analytics - Financial Crime, London
- London, England
- £50000 - £75000 per annum + Car, pension, PMI, bonus.
- giorni 13 fa
Oliver James Associates have been instructed by the London-based tier one client to assist in the recruitment of financial crime data analytics professionals. Basic salaries range from £50,000 - £80,000 excluding highly competitive packages including strong annual bonus and pension sche... Leggi di più