PURPOSE (why the position exists, within what limits and with what objectives)
This position forms an integral part of the Insurance Operations team that is responsible to conduct a wide range of insurance operations activities globally, in line with the policy & procedures. Reporting to the Director, Insurance & Risk, this position is accountable for the management of insurance programs and risk management activities as assigned by the Director, Insurance & Risk. This position exists to conduct:
· Company-wide management of assigned insurance programs to see that all entities are properly protected in line with the department's requirements, operating guidelines, policy & procedures, and local insurance regulations.
· Expeditious negotiation and favorable settlement of insurance claims and integrity of loss data for assigned insurance categories.
· Risk Control Program and associated risk mitigation activities for assigned insurance classes to see that the company's long-term risks transfer costs are managed in a cost effective and consistent manner.
· Provide day-to-day counsel and support to all the business regarding global insurance and risk management issues and promote best practices.
Financial (if any)
· Negotiation and placement of insurance coverage of assigned policy classes
$***+ annual spend.
· Ensure contract certainty for global & local insurance policies and quality assurance on coverage conditions
· Coordination of 50+ insurer and broker networks (100+ policies in 60+ countries worldwide)
· Negotiation and settlement of claims up to the policy limits of assigned policy classes
Up to policy limits
· Provide professional insurance claims service, and timely and quality claims resolution and reimbursement to all entities.