Risk Manager with extensive insurance (Lloyd's) exposure required.
The role holder will report to the Group Chief Risk Officer and will assist in maintaining an enterprise based approach to risk management to ensure that the risks to strategic and operational objectives are identified, assessed, monitored and controlled in a transparent and efficient manner, and ensure any issues are escalated appropriately.
- Specific Responsibilities
- Providing ongoing support and assistance to the Group Chief Risk Officer and to respond to ad hoc requests from internal business functions, regulators and ratings agencies as required.
- Responsibility for the risk and control assessment process to facilitate, identify and resolve risk within the Group and escalate issues as appropriate.
o Design and development of systems and procedures to manage these risks o Including the maintenance of an annual Risk Management Plan
- Take a lead role in the identification, monitoring and reporting of key risk indicators (KRI), including both the tracking of performance against risk appetite and the identification of mitigating actions as appropriate.
- Manage, prepare and review all risk MI (risk reports and ORSA updates) produced for the Risk Committees and Boards of the client.
- Involvement in the annual Corporate Own Risk and Solvency (ORSA) Reports, as well as significant input into the content and exhibits.
- Responsibility for the detection and reporting of new and emerging risks and running of the quarterly Emerging Risks Working Group.
- Responsibility for the data collection and reporting of 'operational loss events and near misses' across the Group, which will involve enhancing and further embedding the existing methodology.
- Take a lead role in the ongoing development, challenge and enhancement of the risk management framework, including the updating of risk policies, risk appetite statements and the risk register.
- Providing management and mentoring support to the Risk Management Function, as necessary.
- Assist the Exposure Management and Actuarial Functions with non-modelled risk reporting, cyber aggregation and reporting, operational risk parameterisation and other ad hoc requests.