Part Qualified Pensions Actuary | Retirement Analyst| Bristol UK
Oliver James Associates are working in partnership with a leading global advisory, who are looking to appoint an ambitious part qualified pensions actuary, to join their Retirement team.
In this role you will:
- Work on a variety of Corporate & Trustee projects.
- Actively contribute to providing advice to clients as well as working to meet their day to day requirements whilst providing support to the administration team.
- Act as the main liaison to the senior consultant of each project and draft client deliverables for their review.
- Act as a project manager by creating plans, organising deadlines and budgets as well as scheduling appropriate status meeting calls between the team and client.
- Be involved in decisions about the management of client accounts.
- Progress through your professional qualifications.
- Act as a mentor to the more junior team members.
The successful Actuarial Associate will have:
- Actuarial exam progress towards FIA designation.
- Previous experience in core valuation work.
- Experience in working in a trustee orientated and client service environment that covers DB and DC pension schemes.
- Strong verbal communication skills and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues from a client service point of view.
- Strong analytical and technical capabilities.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a client team.
- Be a strong leader who is able to ask for help when needed, step outside of your comfort zone and think beyond the task at hand.
To discuss this opportunity further or to gain an oversight of the current pensions actuarial and investment markets please get in touch.
Lily Kinrade- Heath
Associate Consultant | Pensions Actuarial & Investment Consultancy
Lily.Kinrade-Heath@ojassociates.com | 01616940815