A globally recognised firm is seeking to recruit a Part - Qualified Financial Reporting Actuary. The role holder will be expected to contribute to supporting the financial strength of the business by successfully balancing the competing demands of commerciality and prudence to ensure a standard of excellence is maintained.
This role requires a qualified actuary who has practical experience of Solvency II and IFRS Financial Reporting. The focus of the role is that of a technical specialist at this level that will either be taking accountability for components of a complex process or designing and developing new or improved solutions to meet business objectives.
The role will include the opportunity to:
- Develop an understanding of the management of the policyholder balance sheet.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the business through the financial reporting and ongoing solvency monitoring.
- Develop an understanding of how the commercial and regulatory environment impacts the company's solvency position
- Work with colleagues across with other areas within Finance and Risk to support delivery of financial reporting in line with regulatory deadlines.
- Deliver and develop the analysis and reporting of valuation results; working closely with the Shareholder valuation team to ensure results are well-explained and accurately communicated to senior stakeholders
- To produce and be accountable for the technical accuracy of financial information to support the production of actuarial analysis and reports.
- To provide specialist technical advice and guidance on the application of actuarial principles and tools to support business objectives, coaching and guiding less experienced members of the team.
- To provide technical expertise to design technical solutions as part of change projects within the wider business.