Our client is a rapidly emerging player in the life insurance industry completing three closed block transactions over the course of the last few years. Given the rapid growth and increased size of their reinsurance portfolio, the business is seeking a talented Reinsurance Accounting Professional to work directly with the Chief Accounting Officer and Corporate Controller.
As a Director of Reinsurance Accounting you'll be working with the US finance team. In this highly critical role, you'll would be overseeing the cession statement accounting process as well as assisting the Controller with financial reporting across US GAAP / Statutory Reporting and significant involvement in non-routine transactions and process improvements
Key responsibilities include
- Management of reinsurance accounting process and cession statement booking, including oversight of a team of Accountants
- Prepare reinsurance related financial foot note information for GAAP and Statutory reporting.
- Research & provides complex accounting impacts on new & existing reinsurance structures/transactions.
- Ensures the accuracy of reinsurance entries based on the related reinsurance, trust and management agreements.
- Analyze treaty results and its impact on overall financials, in order to generate meaningful information for management.
- Communicate with third party reinsurers on identified complex discrepancies & resolves in a collaborative and timely fashion.
- Assistance with non-routine transactions and process changes and improvements across GAAP and STAT
- Create and maintain synergies across multiple teams through coordination with peers
- Coordination of new transaction onboarding
The ideal candidate will have a strong reinsurance accounting background with tertiary qualifications in accounting, finance or a related discipline. Ideally, you'll also hold a CPA, MBA or equivalent. Insurance industry experience is a must.
To be considered for this role please apply using the prompts provided or contact Carlos directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (646) 3962-9096
- Information Technology & Services
- Staffing & Recruiting
- Financial Services