Reinsurance Business Analyst
- Serve as the liaison between various business units and the IT Department in determining business requirements for technology requests.
- Analyze business needs by examining the current processes, defining new processes, identifying problems and offering viable solutions.
- Assist in project management activities such as project planning, risk assessment and scope containment.
- Document and translate business requirements into systems specification documentation including use cases, wireframes and workflow diagrams
- Collaborate with developers to determine functionality options and associated level of effort and to communicate any tradeoffs between usability and cost to the business units.
- Work with stakeholders across all business units, subject matter experts and third party entities, reconciling conflicts and presenting information in a manner the business units can review and approve
- Provide production support to end users and assist the help desk in resolving issues in a timely manner
- Facilitate successful implementation by working with the Project Managers to develop project plans, interacting with the Quality Assurance Team to resolve issues and coordinating/managing the User Acceptance Testing effort
- Minimum 10 years of experience in business analyst role or project manager/business analyst role
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and gather requirements for multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Experience writing user stories for developers
- Experience in an Agile environment required
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and gather requirements for multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Reinsurance industry experience is required; Property & Casualty Insurance knowledge a significant plus
- Process improvement experience preferred
- Detail-Oriented, Problem Solver and Critical Thinker
- Technical and Database knowledge with an understanding of computer programming
- Strong skills in Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Project
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with a strong customer service orientation
- Ability to travel to other offices as needed